Author Topic: The 2019 Formula One Thread  (Read 142578 times)

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The 2019 Formula One Thread
« Reply #1120 on: May 27, 2019, 02:33:26 pm »
Danny Ric is a top driver don’t get me wrong, but the difference in salary between him and Hulkenberg is huge

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1121 on: May 27, 2019, 02:38:18 pm »
Danny Ric is a top driver don’t get me wrong, but the difference in salary between him and Hulkenberg is huge

Suppose when you're a multiple race winner and they want a big driver you can demand that bump.

Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #1122 on: May 27, 2019, 02:40:03 pm »
If thats their pay from last season then it makes more sense

If this is this seasons pay then it shows just how much teams rely on paid drivers and how much drivers depend on their sponsorship to top up their pay.

If thats Dani Rics pay for this season then Renault are taking a massive gamble on him and can really see why he gave up his Red Bull seat

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1123 on: May 27, 2019, 02:41:01 pm »
If thats their pay from last season then it makes more sense

If this is this seasons pay then it shows just how much teams rely on paid drivers and how much drivers depend on their sponsorship to top up their pay.

If thats Dani Rics pay for this season then Renault are taking a massive gamble on him and can really see why he gave up his Red Bull seat
what makes you think its last season
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1124 on: May 27, 2019, 02:46:05 pm »
what makes you think its last season

When you put the drivers in last seasons seats then the pay does line up better. The Mecedes, Ferrari and Red Bulls taking the top spots.

The ones at the bottom almost on test driver pay compared to those further up the grid

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #1125 on: May 27, 2019, 02:49:25 pm »
I don't believe that's from last season.

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1126 on: May 27, 2019, 03:01:10 pm »
When you put the drivers in last seasons seats then the pay does line up better. The Mecedes, Ferrari and Red Bulls taking the top spots.

The ones at the bottom almost on test driver pay compared to those further up the grid
doesnt make sense mate, look at Kimi's pay for instance

Offline RacerX34

• Kopite
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1127 on: May 27, 2019, 03:31:12 pm »

It's this season, and why Ricciardo left Red Bull.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #1128 on: May 27, 2019, 10:20:55 pm »
F1 Salary table...

Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes) £40,000,000

Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari) £30,500,000

Daniel Ricciardo (Renault) £26,500,000

Max Verstappen (Red Bull) £10,000,000

Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes) £6,500,000

Kimi Raikkonen (Alfa Romeo) £3,500,000

Nico Hulkenberg (Renault) £3,500,000

Carlos Sainz (McLaren) £3,000,000

Charles Leclerc (Ferrari) £2,500,000

Sergio Perez (Racing Point) £2,500,000

Romain Grosjean (Haas) £1,400,000

Pierre Gasly (Red Bull) £1,000,000

Lance Stroll (Racing Point) £900,000

Kevin Magnussen (Haas) £900,000

Robert Kubica (Williams) £430,000

Daniil Kvyat (Toro Rosso) £230,000

Lando Norris (McLaren) £200,000

Antonio Giovinazzi (Alfa Romeo) £175,000

George Russell (Williams) £140,000

Alexander Albon (Toro Rosso) £130,000
Marshalls... Fuck all.
Disgraceful that they employ volunteers with all the money that's in F1.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #1129 on: May 27, 2019, 11:36:29 pm »
wats more fucked up, alexis sanchez gets more than all of them combined bar the top 4, and still has a few million to spare ha
YNWA

Offline diglet

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1130 on: May 27, 2019, 11:54:02 pm »
Marshalls... Fuck all.
Disgraceful that they employ volunteers with all the money that's in F1.

I’ve been a Marshall at two F1 weekends, it’s not all a bunch of total novices and they’re not slaves shipped in for the event: most are massive racing fans who want to get closer to the action. The senior guys have usually been around for a long time and there’s decent training (although varies between countries) for newbies. I love racing and it was absolutely unreal being that close-up to the action, and not having to pay for it! I also got a rather large piece of a Ferrari front wing as a memento! Can post some photos if people want an idea of what it’s like.  :)

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1131 on: May 28, 2019, 09:05:08 am »
diglet

go for it

lets see

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1132 on: May 28, 2019, 09:23:29 am »
Seconded. 

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1133 on: May 28, 2019, 09:34:42 am »
One of my mates has done marshalling before at Silverstone and Goodwood. Loves it. Takes the job very very seriously.

Offline diglet

• Main Stander
« Reply #1134 on: May 28, 2019, 09:41:11 am »
Sure - here you go! Not sure how to embed photos on here. Apologies for the poor picture quality, I have some better photos on my laptop but these were taken from Bahrain 2012/2013, camera quality on my phone clearly wasn’t up to much!

Photo 1 was my Marshall station in 2012 on turn 14/15 at Sakhir (last corner before main straight). Photo 2 was my attempt to snap the drivers bus parade as it went past (I was standing on the track). Photo 3/4 was where I was positioned the following year on the main straight (not much marshalling to do), was pretty special hearing the V8s take-off at full chat!

And the 5th photo is the piece of Massa’s front wing I recovered in 2012. The last photo was a shot I got of Kimi looking angry about something!

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1135 on: May 28, 2019, 09:42:39 am »
brilliant

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #1136 on: May 28, 2019, 10:09:55 am »
I’ve been a Marshall at two F1 weekends, it’s not all a bunch of total novices and they’re not slaves shipped in for the event: most are massive racing fans who want to get closer to the action.
I understand that.
But I still think that with the amount of money in F1 Marshalls should get paid that's all.

Great behind the scenes pic's  :thumbup
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #1137 on: May 28, 2019, 10:25:52 am »
I understand that.
But I still think that with the amount of money in F1 Marshalls should get paid that's all.

Great behind the scenes pic's  :thumbup

Who by?

I might be wildly wrong but as far as I know marshalls are 'employees' of the circuit they're working at. And some circuits make next to fuck all as it is, as the issues with contracts seem to show.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #1138 on: May 28, 2019, 12:14:12 pm »
Who by?

I might be wildly wrong but as far as I know marshalls are 'employees' of the circuit they're working at. And some circuits make next to fuck all as it is, as the issues with contracts seem to show.
If it's the circuits that employ them then they should negotiate better contracts that take into account paying marshals.
I know it wouldn't happen, but, if all the circuits refused to have F1 unless the contracts included payments for the Marshall's I'd bet the money would soon be stumped up.

Offline diglet

• Main Stander
« Reply #1139 on: May 28, 2019, 01:27:35 pm »
If it's the circuits that employ them then they should negotiate better contracts that take into account paying marshals.
I know it wouldn't happen, but, if all the circuits refused to have F1 unless the contracts included payments for the Marshall's I'd bet the money would soon be stumped up.

I applaud your view but the reality is that at most circuits (Silverstone in particular) there are probably 100 people for every Marshall spot willing to do it for free. It makes no economic sense to pay Marshall’s when so many are willing to do it for nothing. Yes there is an element of work and there’s certainly danger involved, but you also get a free front row ticket to an F1 weekend and the opportunity to be involved in the nuts and bolts of it. If I had done another year I would have been eligible to be a scrutineer where you get assigned to a particular team to do things like test fuel mixtures, check tyres etc which would have been awesome!

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1140 on: May 28, 2019, 01:41:11 pm »
They aren’t doing it for nothing, they are working in exchange for watching the weekend for fuck all.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #1141 on: May 28, 2019, 01:53:15 pm »
I applaud your view but the reality is that at most circuits (Silverstone in particular) there are probably 100 people for every Marshall spot willing to do it for free. It makes no economic sense to pay Marshall’s when so many are willing to do it for nothing. Yes there is an element of work and there’s certainly danger involved, but you also get a free front row ticket to an F1 weekend and the opportunity to be involved in the nuts and bolts of it. If I had done another year I would have been eligible to be a scrutineer where you get assigned to a particular team to do things like test fuel mixtures, check tyres etc which would have been awesome!

Now that would be amazing. I would love to get so close to the action. I have been to a few and been stunned by the speeds etc, but to get that close would be off the scale. And yeah, I would happily do it for free !
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1142 on: May 28, 2019, 02:09:35 pm »
I would also add these guys get a certain level of FIA training in order to be a marshal. This is at all FIA approved levels (Basically all 4 wheel motor sport thats not American). They dont exactly pluck these guys off the street and say 'drag that mangled F1 car off the track'. They are Risk assessors, firemen, engineers, drivers, First aiders and scrutineers.

That training doesn't come cheap

« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 02:20:42 pm by gazzalfc »

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #1143 on: May 28, 2019, 02:13:54 pm »
Yup; I agree with the above points.
But I still think they should be paid, that's all  ::)

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1144 on: May 28, 2019, 02:23:34 pm »
Quick question. Was there ever any update on the Ferrari mechanic that broke his leg last season when he got caught under Kimi's car?

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1145 on: May 28, 2019, 02:27:51 pm »
Quick question. Was there ever any update on the Ferrari mechanic that broke his leg last season when he got caught under Kimi's car?
returned to work in pre season testing

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1146 on: May 28, 2019, 05:26:47 pm »
Really cool pics.  What "...your Mum" though?

On a somewhat different subject, I thought that this was worth posting as I somehow missed it and haven't seen it mentioned on here.  A testament to a young man with Amazing courage:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1M3InTC3Uqc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1M3InTC3Uqc</a>

Offline diglet

• Main Stander
« Reply #1147 on: May 28, 2019, 07:26:16 pm »
Really cool pics.  What "...your Mum" though?

On a somewhat different subject, I thought that this was worth posting as I somehow missed it and haven't seen it mentioned on here.  A testament to a young man with Amazing courage:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1M3InTC3Uqc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1M3InTC3Uqc</a>

After 5 years I only just noticed that! Think it said your moment or something

And yes Billy did great, incredible young man.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 07:28:34 pm by diglet »

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #1148 on: May 28, 2019, 08:32:01 pm »
On a somewhat different subject, I thought that this was worth posting as I somehow missed it and haven't seen it mentioned on here. A testament to a young man with Amazing courage:

Great stuff this...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/motorsport/48329869

:thumbup
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1149 on: May 29, 2019, 02:48:17 am »

:thumbup

O.K, so I'm blind as a bat.  ;D  I think that I must've seen the Niki thing and so somehow missed everything above.  Still though, worth watching the video for the great drive alone.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1150 on: June 7, 2019, 09:49:11 am »
Ferrari look like they have a new rear wing in Canada.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1151 on: June 7, 2019, 09:54:56 am »

safer choice given they went too heavy on the super soft in monaco

canada can destroy tyres. that hard compound might get a lot of use

Online clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1152 on: June 7, 2019, 09:57:36 am »
Did Merc bring their engine upgrade?
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1153 on: June 7, 2019, 09:59:17 am »
yes

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1154 on: June 7, 2019, 11:06:44 am »
FP1 on @ 3pm for anyone interested.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1155 on: June 7, 2019, 11:16:50 am »
Williams bringing some upgrades. Hopefully should see some improvement

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #1156 on: June 7, 2019, 11:25:18 am »
Williams bringing some upgrades. Hopefully should see some improvement

They might be 3 seconds off the pace not 4

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1157 on: June 7, 2019, 12:05:29 pm »
Never understand why they don't have two sets of each tyre at least.  You can trash a set easily with a lock-up plus conditions change continuously in Canada too.  Plus strategy-wise you'd want to have at least one to run on in practice and one for the race if you need to pit early such as with an early safety car.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Online Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1158 on: June 7, 2019, 12:11:30 pm »
Never understand why they don't have two sets of each tyre at least.  You can trash a set easily with a lock-up plus conditions change continuously in Canada too.  Plus strategy-wise you'd want to have at least one to run on in practice and one for the race if you need to pit early such as with an early safety car.

Was just thinking that, it's easy for a car to put a wing into a set and then you're out of luck and forced onto mediums.  Perhaps I'm missing something obvious about tyre strategy - i.e. if you're forced to put you're probably behind, therefore want a faster tyre to make progress even if you need to pit again - but it seems needlessly risky to only have a single option for the race weekend.

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1159 on: June 7, 2019, 12:45:55 pm »
true. even a flat tyre or whatever gooses it

the tyres will get some doing in canada