Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 4052302 times)

Offline peterb17

• Click on Bookmarks. Click on Bookmark this page. Arl arses now has an electronic tag.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: For all the auld arses.
« Reply #11320 on: January 10, 2011, 08:07:36 pm »

Offline Kwaideng

• Hamshank Redemption
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11321 on: January 10, 2011, 09:01:07 pm »
Here is one English manager who hasn't kneeled before Don Govani and kissed his feet.
  I was speaking to a local taxi driver down here last week who is a  mate of his and he  told me the feller  was a big fan when he was a kid.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackpool/9355857.stm
The clique is just a click away.
And they are being watched too, but don't know it.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #11322 on: January 10, 2011, 09:07:14 pm »
Here is one English manager who hasn't kneeled before Don Govani and kissed his feet.
  I was speaking to a local taxi driver down here last week who is a  mate of his and he  told me the feller  was a big fan when he was a kid.

Been banging on about this fellah for ages. Top banana, true red and would restore pride and smiles at the club...........that was before KK blessed us with his presence
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline kneeys

• We know the TRUTH,now give them JUSTICE.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Around long enough to know better...
« Reply #11323 on: January 10, 2011, 09:12:43 pm »
Great link Oldscrote, dosen't Ian talk some sense!!
The s*n so full of shit you could not even use it to wipe your arse

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #11324 on: January 10, 2011, 09:13:39 pm »

Cracking post that FS but the best thing about it is that it is football related, I know you say it shouldn't be in the auld arses but it's lovely to see your football passion.  :scarf
"... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."  Rafa Benitez 18.09.10

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11325 on: January 10, 2011, 09:45:19 pm »

Ollie-isms they call them. He's a cracker, isn't he. Always like a case me. One of the funniest I seen in the modern day...
Journo to Gordon Strachan... Can I have a quick word Gordon?
Strachan as he disappears.... Velocity.

A beaut.

And when Kenny took the job at Anfield first time round...
Journo... How long is your contract, Kenny?
Kenny just held up a piece of paper as if to say "That long."

He's already hit them with a few little snipes an all. And I said it earlier, but it really is a proper pleasure after all that bollacks we've had to put up with.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline SpionBob

• I have a signed Kenny Dalglish shirt on my wall-is that a bit gay?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • WITH JURGEN kLOPP WE WON IT 6 TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #11326 on: January 10, 2011, 10:03:17 pm »
Been banging on about this fellah for ages. Top banana, true red and would restore pride and smiles at the club...........that was before KK blessed us with his presence
That is a great interview. Young Ollie has gone well up in my opinion.
Public enemy number one: On the RAWK watch list for offering alternative views, supporting Rafa and abusing ill informed WUMS with dubious agendas. Where's the crime in that? Victim of self-important mod with itchy finger.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #11327 on: January 10, 2011, 10:31:59 pm »

I've always liked him. Like him even more now.

Offline Rafa_La

• Would give Chopper one by mouth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool, Did you think we would leave you dying?
« Reply #11328 on: January 10, 2011, 10:54:20 pm »
What do I like?

I like the change of feeling that has happened since saterday.

I like that me facial muscles ache from grinnin'

I dont really like the sore head from drinkin'

The cause was just. Being able to greet the return of  one Kenneth Mathieson Dalglish has made a tangible difference.

Good times, ya aul' arses  :wave
Nunca me bajoneé, mi conciencia estaba tranquila porque sabía cómo habían sido las cosas.
"The reason i never felt depressed is because my conscience was clear, I Knew what had really happened."
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11329 on: January 10, 2011, 11:37:08 pm »
Film starting on BBC1 there in a minute, Terry. Don't know if it's any good. Drew Schofield's in it... Under The Mud.

Written up as a Scouse Shameless. I'm going to give it a go cos Drew's in it, but mainly cos it says it was a community writing project. I'm fed up with these everyone on the estate is a fucked up drug taking scally things, but it might be worth a go. I'm turning into a bit of a moralistic aul fart in me dotage.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #11330 on: January 11, 2011, 12:03:33 am »
Film starting on BBC1 there in a minute, Terry.
I posted it up in the media thread early this morning (and in here) but nobody noticed.
 :'(
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Pheeny

« Reply #11331 on: January 11, 2011, 12:17:51 am »
I posted it up in the media thread early this morning (and in here) but nobody noticed.
 :'(
I did.Downloaded it(even though we get BBC here I let the missus have the TV ;) ) and will watch soon.Not seen a bad thing with Drew in.

Offline Mr Grieves

• at losing other mr, ending years of Broken Wings encores.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #11332 on: January 11, 2011, 08:25:22 am »
For you oldsters,

There is an obituary in todays Independent of Bill Jones, (Grandfather of Rob, and member of Liverpool's  1947  Title winning side)

Nice  action pic of  Bill Jones and Bob P accompanyingt the piece as well.
Put the ball in the goddamn basket chief

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11333 on: January 11, 2011, 08:33:04 am »

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #11334 on: January 11, 2011, 08:39:56 am »
Great link Oldscrote, dosen't Ian talk some sense!!

He has always talked sense, he is now being listened to because he's in the premier league, sad isn't it.
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline vicgill

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11335 on: January 11, 2011, 08:42:43 am »
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline vicgill

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11336 on: January 11, 2011, 08:55:45 am »
For you oldsters,

There is an obituary in todays Independent of Bill Jones, (Grandfather of Rob, and member of Liverpool's  1947  Title winning side)

Nice  action pic of  Bill Jones and Bob P accompanyingt the piece as well.

Found this.

Bill Jones: Courageous defender and midfielder at the heart of Liverpool’s 1947 title-winning side Tuesday, 11 January 2011

Bill Jones was at the core of everything that was admirable about Liverpool Football Club in the middle years of the 20th century. Versatile, accomplished and loyal, an indefatigable workaholic with a great fighting heart, he was a bastion of the side that secured the first post-war League Championship in a pulsating denouement on the last day of the 1946-47 season.

He remained a key part of the Reds' backbone, usually in a defensive role, as they reached their first Wembley FA Cup final in 1950. He was still at Anfield four seasons later, battling courageously and selflessly, if unavailingly, to avoid the hitherto unthinkable fate of relegation from the top division.

Mention of Jones's bravery in a mere sporting context is not to trivialise his true valour, displayed during the Allies' crossing of the Rhine as Hitler's home defences were breached in 1945, for which the rookie footballer received the Military Medal.

Having joined Liverpool as a 17-year-old from the Derbyshire amateursHayfield St Matthews in 1938, Jones was one of a whole generation ofplayers who lost their early prime to the Second World War. However, he did manage to make his first-team entrance for his new club in unofficial emergency competition and there was also time during the war to make guest appearances for York City, Leeds United and Reading.

But it was not until August 1946 that he achieved his senior debut, lining up at centre-forward against Sheffield United at Bramall Lane in a tight contest settled by a goal from his fellow debutant, Len Carney. Jones' first goals, two of them, came a week later in a7-4 home victory against Chelsea, but then his career direction was altered irrevocably by Liverpool's signing of the prolific marksman Albert Stubbins from Newcastle United.

To accommodate the illustrious newcomer, initially manager George Kay shifted Jones to inside-left, but soon he slipped out of the side, reappearing midway through the season, first at left-half, then at left-back, centre-half and right-half, so that when the championship crown was finally claimed, he had appeared in six different positions.

The title race climaxed in classic fashion with the top two teams, Liverpool and leaders Wolves, facing each other at Molineux. The Black Country side were firm favourites, being a point better off and having thrashed the Reds 5-1 at Anfield a few months earlier, but the visitors confounded the odds to win 2-1.

That day Jones – standing in at right-half for his indisposed captain, the cultured Phil Taylor – performed beautifully, his passing crisp and creative, his tackling fierce and determined, his reading of the game impeccable. But such was his adaptability, a precious commodity to any side, that he never settled into a dedicated long-term role.

Over the next few years Liverpool, for whom Stubbins and the brilliant Scottish forward Billy Liddell werethe most prominent performers, slipped back to become solid mid-tablecitizens, but there was a bonus in 1950 when they faced Arsenal in the FA Cup final. Jones had spent most of thatseason in the No 5 shirt, but he found himself at the centre of bitter controversy when it was announced that he would occupy the left-half berth at Wembley, replacing the popular, flintily indomitable Bob Paisley, who had played in every round and had scored in the semi-final victory over local rivals Everton.

The two players were close friends and Jones, though a totally innocent bystander to the decision, felt mortified for Paisley and embarrassed when some fans declared they would never watch the Reds again as a protest at the omission of the north-easterner.

It was hardly the ideal preparation for a showcase occasion, and unfortunately for Liverpool the normally consistent Jones turned in a poor display as the Gunners prevailed 2-0, with his immediate opponent Jimmy Logie proving highly influential in the outcome. Jones had one chance to salvage the day with the score at 1-0, but he headed against the Arsenal crossbar and the moment had gone.

Two weeks later, though, his customary prowess was recognised when he was called up by England to replace centre-half Neil Franklin of Stoke City, who was dropped after decamping to Colombia – then outside the umbrella of Fifa and therefore outlawed – in search of a pot of gold.

Poor Franklin's dream died all too soon and he returned to England disillusioned, but his suspension afforded Jones a precious opportunity. He didn't fail, featuring in successive victories over Portugal in Lisbon and Belgium in Brussels, but the centre-forwards he was marking both scored and he was discarded, never to play for his country again.

The undaunted Jones, who had also appeared for the Football League,continued to serve Liverpool with doughty resolution in his variety of rearguard and midfield slots, but come the 1952-53 season the Reds, by now managed by Don Welsh, were inserious decline. In 1953-54 they finished bottom and were relegated to theSecond Division. The 33-year-oldJones was released, having played278 games and scored 17 goals for his only professional club, although there was no shortage of shrewd observers who reckoned the Reds had made a premature decision, and that theveteran still had plenty left to offer as a still-ailing team strove to make an early comeback.

Thereafter he became player-manager of the non-League side Ellesmere Port before returning to Liverpool as a talent scout during the late 1950s and beyond, listing among his discoveries the two leading goalscorers in the club's history, Roger Hunt and Ian Rush.

Jones, a gifted all-round sportsman who might have made a living as a cricketer had he not been committed to the winter game, was immensely gratified by the footballing success of his grandson, Rob Jones, who featured as a full-back for Liverpool and England during the 1990s before injury brought his career to a premature end.

William Henry Jones, footballer: born Whaley Bridge, Derbyshire 13 May 1921; married (one son, one daughter); died Chester 26 December 2010.

RIP Bill.....YNWA

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #11337 on: January 11, 2011, 09:03:40 am »
It's always a real shame when these old fellas, a part of our history, finally go.
Never realised he had the MM as well awarded in WW2, a proper hero.
RIP Bill.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Davvo7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • STILL walk a million miles for one of your smiles!
« Reply #11338 on: January 11, 2011, 09:07:21 am »
Alfonso has started a new thread with the Bill Jones article so hopefully it will get a wider audience. Important to remember. Can't imagine there are many Grandads who played for the club could watch their Grandson play at Anfield. Always rated Rob, shame about his shins.

Nice link FS. Enjoyed that. Have a look on the horoscopes link, cracked me up. I'm a Libra.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 09:09:52 am by Davvo7 »
Boocoo dinky dau

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #11339 on: January 11, 2011, 10:18:20 am »
I'm fed up with these everyone on the estate is a fucked up drug taking scally things, but it might be worth a go. I'm turning into a bit of a moralistic aul fart in me dotage.

I've NEVER been able to watch anything about Liverpool on the the telly without cringing, and funnily enough the same also applies to London. I stopped watching anything about either place years ago - I'm talking about dramas, sit-coms, soaps etc. I never even watched an episode of 'Brooky' though noone down here believes me.

I just hate the depiction of working class people in general as belligerent idiots, glorying in their own ignorance - which was probably written by someone who has never met a 'working class person'.

On a lesser note it always annoys me when said programme boasts real Liverpool actors, who turn out to be so posh they have to pretend to have a Liverpool accent, but can't quite manage it.

This country's potential is all locked up in the working class and if whoever is ruling our country ever comes to realise how we are wasting our most precious resource we'd have half a chance of succeeding in this ever more competitive world.

Rant over, tartan rug back on knee.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline pooley

• No...! They're not baby wipes!
  • Kopite
« Reply #11340 on: January 11, 2011, 10:37:55 am »
Just talking to my old feller about Bill Jones, he said he suffered because of his versatility, and was never really forgiven by the fans for taking Bob Paisleys place in the 1950 F.A, Cup final, a great servant to the club nevertheless.
Watched that film last night,' Under the mud'. Considering it was co-written by so many kids it was very good, lots  of good acting performances, Drew Schofeld was excellent as you would expect, but there were plenty of performances from unknown local kids, which would put some of the better known 'luvvies' in the business to shame. Pity it was on so late.
I wish I could still climb up the drain-pipe that used to be at the back of the toilet that was outside the kop.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11341 on: January 11, 2011, 11:07:33 am »
In the eighties I ended up living in Warrington for a few years, through a mate started drinking in this cracking club, St Ossies. Real arl arse working mens club, I was only young and broad Scouse, but got to know all hands and it was one of them clubs where everyone mixed young and old, at the time there was the Miners strike and Eddie Shah's dispute going on and some of us would collect for them and take it down their picket lines. I got to know some cracking lads who spoke with proper broad wooly accents but were true mates. These lads totally made me re-think some of my ideas about Wools and Scousers and the fuckers even dragged me to a few rugby league games. Sunday morning, on the Woolston line for a grudge match, watching Woolston Rugby League play Leigh Miners Welfare, you couldn't make it up, proper eckythump, Johhno would have been in his element, ;) still can't fathom that game.

One of the lads used to do a bit of building work with his brother, I got to really like him and found out he did a bit of acting on the side. As none of the lads were into acting, no one made a big deal of it until one night he had a part in Minder and we all watched it and ripped him the next time he was in the club. He'd disappear acting for a few weeks then be back on our table, this was common as lads would get a bit of work down south then come back up to spend their money. Our table was anti-Thatcher but very lively, everyone was up for a laugh. A few of the lads decided when he next fucked off acting, we'd ambush him, we'd go and see him act then drag him out for a bevy. We found out from his nephew he was acting in London, so happy days and off we hitched. When we got there I was shocked he was on at The Barbican and the acting on the side was The Royal Shakespeare Company.

Anyhow I lost touch with the lads from Warrington when I was finished up and moved back to Liverpool. Like us all, you often think back fondly but you never go back as people move on and it's never the same. Sometimes something triggers your memory and you think how lucky you were to have great mates that you never see anymore and it's all brought back. Well this week the thing that triggered my memory was the news that Pete Posslethwaite had died. I never knew him as a Hollywood actor just Pete Poss from St Ossies who did a bit of acting on the side. Peter was a true gent and as I think back I'll shed a little tear for a time that seems a lifetime away.

RIP Pete Posslethwaite, a decent actor and a great man.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 11:39:19 am by The 92A »
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline vicgill

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11342 on: January 11, 2011, 11:25:41 am »
Lovely story that mate, hope you don't mind if I add my bit,

RIP Pete Posslethwaite...YNWA

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #11343 on: January 11, 2011, 11:28:52 am »
A nice tribute.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline rafa_thebosphorus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11344 on: January 11, 2011, 11:29:58 am »
look at that, the aul arses back to its best.
great stuff people
and rip to bill and pete poss from me

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11345 on: January 11, 2011, 11:35:39 am »
Lovely story that mate, hope you don't mind if I add my bit,

RIP Pete Posslethwaite...YNWA

Of course not Vic, He was a really genuine fella, that earned his crust doing a bit of acting rather than work in the wire works with his mates.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline SmithdownAndy

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC. Did You Really Think We Would Leave You Dying
« Reply #11346 on: January 11, 2011, 11:45:38 am »
Found this.

Bill Jones: Courageous defender and midfielder at the heart of Liverpool’s 1947 title-winning side Tuesday, 11 January 2011
Thanks for that Vic, nice read.

RIP Bill YNWA
Rest In Eternal Peace Ray (shanklyboy) - Gone but will NEVER be forgotten

Offline casey

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
    • HOME OF THE EXILED-SCOUSER
« Reply #11347 on: January 11, 2011, 11:46:38 am »
In the eighties I ended up living in Warrington for a few years, through a mate started drinking in this cracking club, St Ossies. Real arl arse working mens club, I was only young and broad Scouse, but got to know all hands and it was one of them clubs where everyone mixed young and old, at the time there was the Miners strike and Eddie Shah's dispute going on and some of us would collect for them and take it down their picket lines. I got to know some cracking lads who spoke with proper broad wooly accents but were true mates. These lads totally made me re-think some of my ideas about Wools and Scousers and the fuckers even dragged me to a few rugby league games. Sunday morning, on the Woolston line for a grudge match, watching Woolston Rugby League play Leigh Miners Welfare, you couldn't make it up, proper eckythump, Johhno would have been in his element, ;) still can't fathom that game.

One of the lads used to do a bit of building work with his brother, I got to really like him and found out he did a bit of acting on the side. As none of the lads were into acting, no one made a big deal of it until one night he had a part in Minder and we all watched it and ripped him the next time he was in the club. He'd disappear acting for a few weeks then be back on our table, this was common as lads would get a bit of work down south then come back up to spend their money. Our table was anti-Thatcher but very lively, everyone was up for a laugh. A few of the lads decided when he next fucked off acting, we'd ambush him, we'd go and see him act then drag him out for a bevy. We found out from his nephew he was acting in London, so happy days and off we hitched. When we got there I was shocked he was on at The Barbican and the acting on the side was The Royal Shakespeare Company.

Anyhow I lost touch with the lads from Warrington when I was finished up and moved back to Liverpool. Like us all, you often think back fondly but you never go back as people move on and it's never the same. Sometimes something triggers your memory and you think how lucky you were to have great mates that you never see anymore and it's all brought back. Well this week the thing that triggered my memory was the news that Pete Posslethwaite had died. I never knew him as a Hollywood actor just Pete Poss from St Ossies who did a bit of acting on the side. Peter was a true gent and as I think back I'll shed a little tear for a time that seems a lifetime away.

Loved reading that RIP Pete Posslewaite and of course Bill Jones
You won't get me flicking on a (football) phone in.  I'd rather listen to a game of chess on the radio.  Phone ins are a platform for idiots.

Offline Davvo7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11348 on: January 11, 2011, 12:25:45 pm »
Great story that 92A. I read his obituary in the paper, Steven Spielberg, who does know a bit about that sort of thing, said PP was the best actor in the world. There was also letters in the paper about him saying he helped out all kinds of local groups and charities when he wasn't working. Sounded a top bloke, loved him in "Brassed off" - one of the greatest films about thatcher years ever made.
Boocoo dinky dau

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #11349 on: January 11, 2011, 12:41:42 pm »
proper eckythump,

what a great story, and I will be using the phrase proper eckythump the next time I'm visiting the rellies. 

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #11350 on: January 11, 2011, 12:44:55 pm »
Havn't been in here for moons.

It's boss about having our Kenny back innit. I was busy all Saturday and was at home listening to final scores ( 5 Live )with me footie bets in my hand. Anyhow when the programme finished the fella said " Join us tomorrow at twelve when we'll be live at Old Trafford to see Kenny Dalglish's Liverpool take on Man UTD "

Fuckin ell. I don't think it sunk in a first. When it did me bottom lip started wobblin' and I had a tear in me eye. I kid you not!

Kenny came when I was five and as you all know when your five footie is everything and your hero is evrything. You know what Iam trying to say.

Is fuckin' right!
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Davvo7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11351 on: January 11, 2011, 12:45:55 pm »
Boocoo dinky dau

Offline neilcart

• Kemlynite
  • Done the treble
« Reply #11352 on: January 11, 2011, 12:55:01 pm »
Lovely that 92a. Went to see him in a one man show over here a few yrs ago called Scaramouche - he was marvellous.

On a similar vein I was  sent the following link about a lad we were mates with in Sydney when we wore younger mens clothes. Not as famous as Pete Posty but lovely to see an ordinary scouse fella make good
Not bad for a brickie from Edge Hill - well in Marty lad

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/visual_arts/article5205183.ece

Online Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #11353 on: January 11, 2011, 01:03:40 pm »
Was at Anfield for Kenny's debut so I suppose I qualify for this - briliant - thread.

Havent stopped smiling since Saturday and admit I was cyring like a baby when he took his place in the dugout on Sunday.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #11354 on: January 11, 2011, 01:18:30 pm »
Great story that, The 92A.
I've done a bit of theatre acting for a company called Active drama.
The director only put me in a drama/musical production called "Down our street" which was a history of Birkenhead and Cammell Laird ship yard, because he needed someone who could sing, and had the accent, as the rest of the cast were proper luvvies.
Proper loved it though and went on to do a few other things with that company.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #11355 on: January 11, 2011, 01:19:49 pm »
Was at Anfield for Kenny's debut so I suppose I qualify for this - briliant - thread.

Havent stopped smiling since Saturday and admit I was cyring like a baby when he took his place in the dugout on Sunday.
The best thread on RAWK, Ang, and I was the same on Sunday..

royhendo

« Reply #11356 on: January 11, 2011, 01:25:19 pm »
Clique! ;)

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #11357 on: January 11, 2011, 01:31:55 pm »
In the eighties I ended up living in Warrington for a few years, through a mate started drinking in this cracking club, St Ossies.

Lovely post 92.

One of his great roles remains the dad in 'Distant Voices, Still Lives'. What a film that was.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Get Behind Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #11358 on: January 11, 2011, 01:52:18 pm »

Lovely story there mate.

From my own experience I have aways found it hard when you leave a job you might have been in for a few years and made good friends with. Good to catch up if you can but it's just never the same.

From here on in its all FSG's doing. Good or bad they will stand or fall by the decisions they have made in the summer of 2012. Lets hope they have gotten it right.

Offline The Red artist.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • With hope in your heart.
« Reply #11359 on: January 11, 2011, 02:32:46 pm »
Oh well, that's alright then. He earned that, eh.

Any manager sacked shouldnt get a fuckin penny, these managers who keep hopping on and off the merry-go-round are laughing all the way to the bank, makes me sick to be honest fats.
Y.N.W.A....J.F.T.96.