Author Topic: Football fashion/post yer trainees  (Read 2074674 times)

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Football fashion/post yer trainees
« Reply #12880 on: June 5, 2015, 08:43:41 pm »
They're a nice old school shoe them Adidas Touring...yer wool...that's a joke by the way..in case anyone wishes to take umbrage. ;D ;)
You're not kidding. All the teachers wore those kinda things when I was in secondary school in the mid/late-eighties. They led. We didn't follow ;)

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #12881 on: June 5, 2015, 08:47:48 pm »
You're not kidding. All the teachers wore those kinda things when I was in secondary school in the mid/late-eighties. They led. We didn't follow ;)
;D

They are a bit teacherish aren't they...I think the reason behind people who're mine and BCCC's age liking them is we all wore Polyveldt's and they're very similar...they were another Scouse only footwear...never saw then any where else.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline No23isCarragher

• Kopite
  • Avise la Fin
« Reply #12882 on: June 5, 2015, 08:48:16 pm »
I was joking...the pulling tongues emoticon should have alerted you to that....
Should've but that's what made me think you were being serious so, yeah, I've misread that. [emoji1]
Twitter: @mal_kennedy
PSN: Malcove

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #12883 on: June 5, 2015, 08:55:14 pm »
Should've but that's what made me think you were being serious so, yeah, I've misread that. [emoji1]
;)

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Online zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12884 on: June 5, 2015, 09:02:32 pm »
;D

They are a bit teacherish aren't they...I think the reason behind people who're mine and BCCC's age liking them is we all wore Polyveldt's and they're very similar...they were another Scouse only footwear...never saw then any where else.
Honesty I find this stuff really interesting. A couple of pages back someone, it might have been you, mentioned that football fashion was driven from the terraces up. Unlike punk which was orchestrated by Vivienne Westwood, etc. which is something I'd never thought of. I'm a few years younger than you. There's no way you'd go to an illegal (as they all were) warehouse rave in a pair of Tourings.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12885 on: June 5, 2015, 09:06:57 pm »
NB's are boss and I don't own a single pair of Adidas trabs, lets ave it the lot of ya's

Online Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12886 on: June 5, 2015, 09:16:19 pm »
Wool. :P
Wool Central in here la....no fuckin shame..Asics..NB...Reebok... ;D

Let's not act like the Reebok Classic didn't completely take over Liverpool in the 90s.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #12887 on: June 5, 2015, 09:28:38 pm »
Honesty I find this stuff really interesting. A couple of pages back someone, it might have been you, mentioned that football fashion was driven from the terraces up. Unlike punk which was orchestrated by Vivienne Westwood, etc. which is something I'd never thought of. I'm a few years younger than you. There's no way you'd go to an illegal (as they all were) warehouse rave in a pair of Tourings.
That was my post. For me it was the real last working class street/terrace driven youth culture...driven initially by us, then Everton and kids around the city..nae involvement by "trend setters" or the advertising media...just kids at the game. in the city and mostly defined at the start by being on the rob everywhere we went.

if you look at what was terrace fashion here in the 70's you'd see kids from 14 to 19 weering Shetland pullovers and Harris Tweed jackets from Dunn & Co...mine cost me £80...it was hard to rob from there... ;D  Sovereign rings too...first time I ever saw Fiorucci was on a girl in Cindys...one of the few clubs in town that let us in...and the girl wearing it had the sweatshirt and jeans with a pair of Gola on..first thing she said to me was where are yer trainees from la...Snorkel jackets..whose bright idea was that...they were good for going robbing in though
I recall at period in 80/81? when jockeys silks jackets was all the rage in Liverpool..the next year it was Sou Westers...it's always been a bit different here.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #12888 on: June 5, 2015, 09:31:26 pm »
Let's not act like the Reebok Classic didn't completely take over Liverpool in the 90s.
Yeah..but we'd all been shopping in Rocky and Ricci's for years by then so we never bothered.

And again...it was posted in jest...not that I've ever owned a pair though. ;D

Online Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12889 on: June 5, 2015, 10:16:34 pm »
Yeah..but we'd all been shopping in Rocky and Ricci's for years by then so we never bothered.

And again...it was posted in jest...not that I've ever owned a pair though. ;D

Rocky? Don't remember that one. Riccis by Central Station, used to see a lot of the players in there. Wade Smith ran the show though, and Dirty Sports in St. Johns was a favourite.

The disrespect shown to the Reebok Classic in this thread has always grated on me.

All jest here as well btw

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #12890 on: June 5, 2015, 10:31:33 pm »
Forget the 90's it was a fuckin washout.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Online Mumm-Ra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12891 on: June 5, 2015, 10:37:18 pm »
Forget the 90's it was a fuckin washout.

Fair comment  :-[

Still fondly remember my 'suedey' adidas tracky though

Offline lucas65

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12892 on: June 6, 2015, 03:20:20 pm »
Anyone who likes New Balance, have a drive to the factory shop at Birchwood for some bargains.
They've got some beauties well below shop prices. :)

Offline lucas65

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12893 on: June 6, 2015, 03:25:58 pm »
I got these £120 ones for £24 :)
« Last Edit: June 6, 2015, 03:35:56 pm by lucas65 »

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #12894 on: June 6, 2015, 03:43:20 pm »
Rocky? Don't remember that one. Riccis by Central Station, used to see a lot of the players in there. Wade Smith ran the show though, and Dirty Sports in St. Johns was a favourite.

The disrespect shown to the Reebok Classic in this thread has always grated on me.

All jest here as well btw
Rockys was Riccis initially...up on Renshaw St, when it moved the name changed....Wade Smith was a beaut..massive beaut. ;D  Had some nice kit in that shop though...spent a fortune in there.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #12895 on: June 6, 2015, 03:45:15 pm »
It wasn't all good back then..anyone remember the rally jacket phase..every c*nt looked like a car thief...the was a reason for that though...

Offline lucas65

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12896 on: June 6, 2015, 04:41:48 pm »
Rockys was Riccis initially...up on Renshaw St, when it moved the name changed....Wade Smith was a beaut..massive beaut. ;D  Had some nice kit in that shop though...spent a fortune in there.

I remember the first Wade Smith which opened on Lord Street, mainly just selling Adidas and shoes.
I had a loyalty card for there.

Offline The Fletcher Memorial

• Feels mildly violat.................. ed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reality is hard to find
« Reply #12897 on: June 6, 2015, 04:57:38 pm »
Fuckin ell, this thread needs a wash.

The sky does not know of east or of west;
it is in the minds of men where such distinctions are made, and then they believe them to be true.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #12898 on: June 6, 2015, 06:37:30 pm »
I remember the first Wade Smith which opened on Lord Street, mainly just selling Adidas and shoes.
I had a loyalty card for there.
He had a little in store shop in the Army and Navy shop on Ranleagh St and the other gaff  on Slater St.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #12899 on: June 6, 2015, 06:42:04 pm »

Proper post. 8)  :wave

Everyone has a first time...mine...

Offline Redzippy

• Kopite
  • Woof woof ! - sick of it i tells yer !
« Reply #12900 on: June 7, 2015, 09:37:24 am »
mmmmmmmm got the sambas, and bambas....... neeeeeed the mambas.

(also i dont like scouse !..... what does this mean ?????)

Y-N-W-A

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #12901 on: June 7, 2015, 12:13:47 pm »
I like those mambas, I bet they are next to impossible to get hold of.
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12902 on: June 8, 2015, 08:23:54 pm »
He had a little in store shop in the Army and Navy shop on Ranleagh St and the other gaff  on Slater St.
I read that he initially had a few shelves in a Top Shop dont cha know. True story.
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12903 on: June 8, 2015, 08:52:51 pm »

Haha, most lads wore a pair in secondary school from 05-07. (All lad North Liverpool school here)  ;D
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #12904 on: June 10, 2015, 07:08:57 pm »
Need a pair of white trabs for the summer, really struggling to find anything Adidas I like - any suggestions?

Online CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #12905 on: June 10, 2015, 07:11:27 pm »
Need a pair of white trabs for the summer, really struggling to find anything Adidas I like - any suggestions?
If you've got the tank like....

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12906 on: June 10, 2015, 07:57:17 pm »

Got the hamburgs last year might struggle to get them, the Rod Laver is a solid.   
No time for caution.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #12907 on: June 10, 2015, 08:11:31 pm »
Black ones are much nicer though.

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #12909 on: June 10, 2015, 10:15:25 pm »
Gross.
I'd love to give yer an arguement..but.... ;D

The black one's are nice.

Offline Party Phil

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #12910 on: June 10, 2015, 10:27:41 pm »
I'd love to give yer an arguement..but.... ;D

The black one's are nice.

Grand slams? I have them from about 5 years ago. Used to have the white ones before that and loved them, preferred them to black really but I wore them so much they had to go.

Online zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12911 on: June 10, 2015, 10:28:31 pm »
I've been told you can't get the Roms in blue anymore.
Was I lied to?
If you're looking for white with blue stripes, you can get sizes 7-11 for £29.99

http://www.mandmdirect.com/01/details/AO889/adidas-Originals-Mens-Rom-Trainers-White-Blue-Gum

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12912 on: June 10, 2015, 10:33:42 pm »
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Party Phil

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #12913 on: June 10, 2015, 10:39:58 pm »
GTFO >:(

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12914 on: June 10, 2015, 10:44:41 pm »
GTFO >:(
OK strictly running shoes, but fuck that shit. I see nice trainers.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #12915 on: June 10, 2015, 10:46:56 pm »
Grand slams? I have them from about 5 years ago. Used to have the white ones before that and loved them, preferred them to black really but I wore them so much they had to go.
Yeah..Lendl's.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #12916 on: June 10, 2015, 10:47:26 pm »
OK strictly running shoes, but fuck that shit. I see nice trainers.
I see a trip to the opticians... ;D

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #12917 on: June 10, 2015, 10:48:09 pm »
You'd struggle to post a shitter trainer than that.

Rod Laver OG's came out last season, you might be able to find on ebay

Closest this season, could be Laver Prez

http://www.endclothing.co.uk/adidas-rod-laver-prez-b26173.html

OR

Laver Vintage at Size

« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 10:50:04 pm by Johnnyboy1973 »
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #12918 on: June 10, 2015, 10:48:43 pm »

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12919 on: June 10, 2015, 10:51:59 pm »
I see a trip to the opticians... ;D
See them stupid cycling Shimano cleats things almost killed me and wrecked me bike. I'm sticking with flat pedals and sensible, visible trainers..