Round Table Manchester Utd 2-1 Liverpool
Posted by Hinesy on February 11, 2012, 02:49:04 PM
Never mind the handshakes with the other team, how about our players introducing themselves to each other.
I'm fed up of a pass, immediate pass back and little movement, then rinse and repeat then when we get pressed, kick it up to Carroll.
Yes Spearing was at fault for their 2nd goal, but Ferdinand was at fault for ours so as ever positives (not many) and negatives...
1. One up front away from home means we can't counterattack if Bellamy or someone with pace and skill is also playing. Downing I'm talking to you, you were rubbish. Dirk, you need 3 touches when you receive the ball and it allows time for the opposing side to get back. We either play 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 with proper wingers.
2. Gerrard that far back? Was it to protect his fitness? Was it to allow Spearing to get forward? Nope, I don't think so either. I hardly saw him run near their box of his own violition in th 2nd half, when we needed it most.
3.Spearing didn't know where to pass the ball to. As much it kills me to say, when Utd go forward they flow quickly. We did at the start of the season, we didn't today.
4. Suarez and Carroll both need service. Carroll needs the ball played to him in the box, Suarez needs our players to pull defenders away from him. We didn't give to them today.
5. Dodgy refing but not the end of the world, we got some, we didn't others.
6. In my opinion Suarez should've shaked hands without eye contact and moved on. The press will ignore Ferdinand's refusal and concentrate on Luis' instead. It puts Dalglish in an awkward position at best and makes the whole club look petty otherwise. Yes I know Evra's a classless c*nt, he always be but he should've shook hands.
2. Our defence
3. It was as much ours for taking as theirs. They didn't rip us to bits, a couple of times but otherwise not. We could've had them easily if we'd attacked with vigour and force and numbers. Especially at 2-0 down.
Oh and not that you'll be reading this, but Manchester Utd fans, get some of your own songs instead of singing about us all the fucking time. You small town little minded saddos. Pathetic and classless. oh, that's right, I forgot, you're Ferguson's children, that explains it.
View Comments | Post Comment